View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Whigrose

Smile Oh my gosh !! 'Charlee' Update

Oh my gosh!!! Oh my gosh!! I apologize if I disturb anyone one with my squealing.

You see, dh got a belt put onto 'Charlee' for me and I finally got to sit and sew with her. We worked through 'tension' issues like a hot knife through butter and getting her 'regulated' was easier than making bran muffins :-) Her bobbin ring is due in soon but I couldn't wait another day so I by-passed the system for now. I brought her bobbin up to Mother Janome and groveled for a favor. She snickered a bit but stepped up to the tasked and voila - old meets new. Trot back downstairs, drop in the bobbin, slide the cover, give the hand wheel a spin or two, and it was just like we've been together since peanut butter and jelly. DH was a love and took some photos to document the moment - how sweet is that?

If you haven't already met Charlee, here's a link to the original post. - http://tinyurl.com/6smnts4 (Meet 'Charlee', a 1920 Singer 66-1 (Pic heavy).

The human QB Charlee told me working through tension on these babies is nothing and was she right. Just kept giving little turns and next thing you know, she was performing like reins on a mares neck. Sweet.

I included one shot of the trial piece. You can see where the tension was crazy out of control, and how easy it was to get it correct. Then it was on to playing with the stitch length regulator. Again, another walk in the park.

These girls... m,m,m. They give so much and ask for so little in return.

Gotta get back to learning and playing. And if anyone out there is considering getting one of these girls but might be intimidated, let me tell 'ya, you will be rewarded a thousand times over when you get one, bring her home, clean 'er up and get her running for the first time. So sweet.

Best,
d
Attached Thumbnails charlees-tension-stitch-lenght-issues-resolved.jpg