Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
RST

I've not had problems with the moda pre-cuts. They are a pinked edge, and you have to decide where you are lining up--the peak or the valley. But if you're consistent, it's not a big deal.

I got some charms from connecting threads. The good part was that they were very inexpensive and the colors were exactly what I needed for a project. However, they were not as precisely cut, and in a few cases, a big wrinkle made they very skewed. However, for the price, they were ok.

I like using precuts to make a quick, easy, nicely coordinated quilt. The fabrics available tend to be very popular current colors, which makes for quilts that moms of young babies or teens find appealing. Since I'm not spending a lot of time going through my stash finding fabrics to coordinate, I can put a quilt top together very quickly, and have a nice end product with minimal fuss. That works for me. I get why some people don't like them (price, overly matchy, etc) but I think it's only fair to recognize that they do serve a purpose.

RST
RST