Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
windylou

Thanks for all the nice compliments! I do use the suitcases for storage. I had a lot of fun collecting all the parts. It's funny that star quilt was at a thrift shop - I picked it up for $10 because someone had gone and sewn (badly) some blue fabric to make it into a quilt top. The blue fabric clashed w/ the nice vintage colors, so people kept passing it over. I brought it home and cut all the offending blue off! Now that I've been paying more attention to quilt patterns, I realize what an amazing piece of work it is. I think I might have to get it off the wall, or at least do it better service than push pins!

I do love a good bargain! My husband doesn't always see where I am going with things but I get so many ideas in my head, I can see just what I want the end result to look like. My frustration comes when I can't get the "right" finished product. i.e. The cubbies were supposed to cover the star quilt wall, but we couldn't get them fastened properly for their weight (another free CL find that I painted/mod podged), so we had to use the window ledge.

I'm sure I will change things up some, but it works for now.