View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:03 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i am working on 2 'new quilts' right now- one at work- one at home- both totally out of my stash! i am so happy- one of them i've been looking at (pattern in a magizine from 2009) for ages and a few days ago i thought---it called for about 30 fq's of batiks---i kept looking at it then thought---i bet i could come close to having enough in my 'batiks tote' so i went in & started digging through it---and found plenty to be able to cut all of the peices i needed---then it called for 5 yards of beige batik----i kept looking at it- thinking---but i don't want to go buy 5 yards of fabrics---my shelves are full---kept thinking about it---pulled out the stack of scrap white on whites ---and yup- have enough scraps of whites to get all of the peices needed- i put it all in a big bag with cutting mat, ruler, cutter & magazine and took it all to work with me---and managed to cut the whole (queen sized) quilt yesturday--- today i started the sewing---
then in another magizine i kept looking at this interesting log=cabin that would work for my Neice's pink & black quilt request---so i pulled my bag of left over black & whites and started cutting strips for that tonight while dinner was cooking- so---2 queen sized (scrappy) quilts totally from my stash! Yea!!! i'm feeling pretty motivated---it is so great to be using up what has been accumilating...so far though- it doesn't seem like i've made any (dents)...anyhow---i will be able to show pictures of another out of my stash quilts soon- getting that french braid done was a great motivator...did i post the picture of my (orange) french braid here? anyway- it was totally out of my stash too---and all of my stars from the '50 stars in 50 weeks' challenge are out of my stash too----and i'm actually saving $$---as in-every week that i drive past the quilt shop---and don't stop in i put $50 in my savings account! figuring i always spend at least $50 when i do stop in---so far i've saved $275 (i put in an extra $25 when i was enticed with a special savings coupon from a favorite on line shop )