View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Highmtn

Lightbulb Random Laundry Discovery and Comment

I'm sure the first thought a few of you may have is "GET A LIFE !!"....LOL But I had to come out of retirement and dive back into the trenches of 9-5 work days due to my hub getting very ill and now unable to work. This little "thing" I do when I take off my work clothes at night has REALLY reduced the need to iron my good clothes - which takes away from fun things like quilting, reading, relaxing with my hubby & dogs.... etc.

Don't know HOW or why I started doing this, but when I change out of my work clothes I don't just toss them into the hamper. I quickly FOLD/ROLL things up. It only takes about 6 seconds. Clothing randomly stuffed into a hamper seems to create persistent hamper crumples. I only do this with outer clothing - I flop it on the bed- fold it a couple times to decrease it's size and lightly roll it up (not tight) and set it into the hamper (no cramming or stuffing..lol).

I am AMAZED at how much better things pop out of the dryer. I don't EVER let my work clothes sit in the washer OR dryer after it stops. You're in wrinkle hades if you do that no matter HOW you put your clothing in the hamper. I don't dry my clothes super dry either. As soon as the dryer buzzer starts to *yell* at me I start taking clothes out and hanging them up - restarting the dryer in-between pulling clothes out. My dryer is old and so far.. the start button is still alive and well.

Anyhow... I'm beyond pleased at how much time this saves me when doing my laundry. I'm so much in the habit of doing this now that MOST of the clothing I toss in the hamper gets the fold/roll step - I don't even think about it.

Thought I'd just share the hint for fun....

Last edited by Highmtn; 02-11-2012 at 08:58 AM.