View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Highmtn

Thanks..

My hubby is stabilized for now so we are BEYOND relieved. If I tried to talk about our unexpected life events I wouldn't be able to see to type. In a nut shell - my hub is a Vietnam veteran who is falling apart from his exposure to "Agent Orange" during his service in 69-70. The VA is denying his benefits on a verbiage technicality - it's unimaginable and criminal. All of his military records PROVE our claims but that has not mattered to the VA. We've been going in circles with the VA for 4 years and the next step is a military hearing. He can barely leave the house (and when he does he's wheelchair bound) so facing all of this endless turmoil feels like trying to climb Mt. Everest using a spork. He has 4 neurologists, an oncologist and his PC just to keep him going.

We have had to force ourselves to started to count our blessings, and even tho' going back to work (and leaving him home a lot) was not anything we EVER wanted I am relieved I was able to find a good job given the current economy and ways of the world. For the past 4 years all of his medical expenses have come out of pocket.. so.. eventually the $$$ well began to go dry. I needed to head BACK out the door to work to keep us afloat financially.

Very hard times, but we count our blessings as it could be worse.