Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
irishrose

Cindy, your FQ is in an envelope on the island but now it's snowed in. I'm dragging my feet dealing with it waiting to see if Council on Aging stops by, but because we didn't get 5" in one day they probably won't. I have a drift, as usual. I love my big pine tree, but not the way it changes the wind patterns.

I don't want to make that belt. I have a 32" ribbon on my fridge. Occasionally I take it down and see if the ends meet yet. Nah. That's demoralizing enough with seeing a number.

I am very disappointed in my current quilt. I think I cut the squares too small, but I'm not going to start over. Maybe it will look better when I get more blocks on the wall. I have two machines set up. One with a guide screwed on and another for the snowballs. It's much easier that way. I like the little guide, but realigning it often is PITN. The Singer 15 isn't as quiet as the 301. I hope it will be better with more use. The Elna is almost silent, but she can't quilt, so she is on the floor right now. I felt like a traitor when I placed her there. I've sewn on that machine for 37 years and to have her not set up feels weird.

My weight is okay but not going down this week. Back to paying attention, I guess. I will make a batch of that soup for openers. I'm not doing well meal planning so having soup prepared is good for me.

I'm off to walk the dogs, then color my hair. It's risky doing it on Saturday because sometimes it comes out too bright, but the people at church don't care.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.