View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
JaniceP

I plan on doing 20 in all for a queen quilt top. I have many birds to choose from, as these are taken from my own photos and all from my backyard. Yes I do have Cardinal's which I plan on putting a pair in the center since they are my favorite. I just didn't want to start with them until I get the hang of what I am doing. To answer ChaiQuilter I actually used Crayola crayons, they are recommended and do a nice job. You iron the slick side of freezer paper to your fabric after you have drawn your design and it acts as a stabilizer so you can color. You then place it face down on paper towels and set it with (I'm using cotton setting) on my iron. Some color will come off but it heat sets it and you can return and color as many layers as you choose as long as you heat set in between each one. I remember doing this with my kids when they were small we traced around their little hands and made a pillow for their mamaw. You can search for crayola quilt to find all the steps. Thanks for all your encouragement it is greatly appreciated.