Old 02-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by Bettia View Post
Fabric Galore, I am behind as well. I had printer problems and finally got that taken care of so I hope I can catch up now. I am starting week 2.
Bettia, I finally completed 11 blocks; some of them I did 2 or 3 times. I tried making B-2 using the directions on ThatQuilt blog and I couldn't get the half-square triangles the right size. I am making my blocks 5.5 inches so my quilt will fit on my king size pillow top mattress. I finally printed the templates for B-2 and B-3 and machine pieced them in no time. I use 3 pins. I pin each end to line up and then I put a pin in the center of the circle. Stitch slowly and work the bias around your needle so it doesn't crease or bunch up. It's kind of like easing in a sleeve. I haven't posted any pictures yet because I have to go back and read the instructions again on how to post pictures. I am also working on a quilt for my DGGD's 1st birthday and a quilt for our church's centennial celebration. I'm also in charge of the Prayer Shawl Ministry at our church, so I carry my knitting with me when I go to the doctors; I've spent a lot time lately in MD offices. I keep hoping and praying that this summer will be quieter and I can really have time to quilt. Good luck with your printer and your blocks.