Thread: Flannel help
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
nhweaver

I also purchased many yards of flannel at Joanns black friday online sale. The quality and weight differed for some of the flannel, but I have got to say the flannel angel looked down upon my flannel - and blessed me. they worked wonderfully - little pilling. I will post pics of the quilts when they are finished. 10 flannel quilts for davids house - first time in my life I made 10 of anything. I am enjoying it - easy stack and whack.

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
I purchased many yards of flannel on Black Friday at Joann's, enough to make 5 quilts for Christmas. While reading the threads here after I bought the flannels, I was truly scared to use them. Many people said that the flannel fabrics from Joann's were not worth using. I think one person said she wouldn't even use her finished quilt for her dog. I used 3 color catchers when I washed them and was afraid to open the washer after it was through washing, because I had not washed any of the fabric before sewing! I am so glad to report that I had no problems with pilling or bleeding, and one of the flannels was bright red. Who knows what will happen after they have been washed many times, but for the time being, I am thrilled with them.