Old 02-11-2012, 07:19 PM
kay carlson

Default How do you know when to quit sewing for the day?

I thought that I would give you an update on the homespun quilt that I had fussed over at the beginning of this thread.

I found several yards of a neat, small print, in just the perfect color simply waiting for me in my stash. I used this on the top's border. The back was wider than the width of two lengths of the fabric so I made an accent panel to center in the back lengthwise. I used 6.5 in by 15 in strips of several of the homespun plaids from the front, to create a finished strip about 6 in by 14.5 in. Since I was so pleased with the results.......the project is now at my friend's studio to be quilted.

Now, I am going through other WIP, PHD, and UFO selections to decide what to do with each. I am almost through with a multicolored scrap Jacob's ladder for a charity donation. I should be able to quilt this myself on my machine. Four years ago when I was arranging the colors, blocks, etc. I had no comprehension of planning for a secondary design!
Therefore, some of the extra 4 patch blocks and half-square triangles will be repurposed in an entirely different project.
Tonight, I am a happy, relaxed camper.....................:-)

Last edited by kay carlson; 02-11-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word