Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 AM
kimv44

Default Calling all Juki 2000Qi users... I could use some reassurance before buying..

Hello All..
I've been looking around at quilt frames and based on the prices I had decided that I'd start with the Grace Frame combo deal(s). There are two in particular that fit into my price range;

Grace Quick Start frame + Juki 2000Qi
Grace Majestic Frame + Juki 2000Qi

I'd say that I'm not quite a beginner quilter but haven't done a whole lot of large projects due to the limits of my work space. I have a large quilting room, but maneuvering large projects to quilt using 'kitchen table quilter' type methods is so difficult. Since I sew every day and really enjoy it, I figure that it is worthy of a moderate investment.

However, I've gone to several quilt shops that have been trying to turn my attention away from buying both any kind of Grace frame and any quilting machine system with shorter than a 16 or 18 inch throat.

The feedback I've gotten on the Grace Majestic frame is that it isn't as sturdy as the Baby Loc Pearl and that there are pins and pieces that constantly break or need replacement. I know both are good brand names... so I'm a bit torn there.

As for the machine, the jump in price is ridiculous! The Juki is a machine I can get into for approx $1000 as opposed to a machine like the Baby Lock Crown Jewel which I'm pricing out at best at $9400. I simply don't know if I can justify the cost of a sewing machine that would be worth more than my car... The main question I think that will make up my mind on the Juki is any feedback for being able to accomidate a queen size project with the 8.5 inch throat size..

I'd appreciate any feedback you all can give...
Thanks!!
Kim