View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default Lap Quilt for My Brother - TOO LATE!!

I was in the hospital for 8 days in the beginning of November for a severe infection and high temperature. Before I was able to go home, my younger brother, Carson, was hospitalized and had two major surgeries. He was slowly improving so once I was home, I decided to make him a large lap quilt for him to use during recovery. Sadly, I did not finish the quilt before he took a turn for the worse and passed away on November 30th. I just couldn't work in it anymore. After thinking about it, I decided to finish the quilt for my sister, Dianne, my only remaining sibling out of 8 children. 15 years ago, Dianne, who is now in her mid 60's, was given custody of her two grandsons who were under 3 years old. The youngest one, Darien, is autistic and it has been a rough road for her. Darien was devoted to my brother and took his passing very hard, so Dianne wanted to share it with Darien. On the label I told Darien that each time he wrapped up in the quilt it would be a great big hug from Uncle Carson, Nana and Aunt Donna. This is what I have done with the quilt. Thanks for listening and looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311127[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311128[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311129[/ATTACH]
The color is a little off in this one.
Attached Thumbnails label-quilt.jpg   lap-quilt-carson-3.jpg   large-lap-quilt-carson-1.jpg