View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 AM
ejpkam

Default My sweet grandma made this 4 me

I love my grandma she is the one who sparked the quilt bug in me. She hand quilted to supplement her and papa's income for years and just recently due to her health she had to stop and will cry when she thinks about how much she misses quilting for people. She did not like to piece the though only quilt but she absolutely loves to embroidery! That woman has embroidered soo many things through her lifetime! Her favorite thing is to order the full size embroidery quilts from Herrshcnerrs and go to town on those. I have a tree of life quilt embroidery quilt that she made me for my wedding. My favorite memories is sitting together embroidering and talking and just enjoying one anothers company this started at age 5 she set me down with needle and thread but even though I enjoyed embroidery I kept wanting to do patchwork!! And she ALWAYS had a beautiful quilt set up downstairs in her frame that she was working on.. I would sneak down stairs and run my hands up and down that beautiful quilt marveling at her ability to make the quilt pop with her stitches. i have so many memories I can go on and on but let it suffice to say she is a wonderful lady whom I adore!!
Attached Thumbnails rsz_1lebabaon_2011_028.jpg