Old 02-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Havplenty, have you ever tried hanging your quilts and comforters in the wind and every now and then giving them a little wham with a broom stick? Or just a good shake from time to time? I find the dry beautifully without the heat damage from a dryer ... but then again ... the wind never stops here. Maybe that's why I'm more than a little odd.
i live in suburbia with all two or three story homes that either have their garages in the back yards or "city" size yards. i think that is why the community i live in has so many parks because many of us have very little yard space. we even have a dog park. so a breeze would have to find its way through all of the tall buildings around the garages to my tiny tiny piece of space to dry my large quilts and comforters.

i have hanging hooks on my porch to hang my tops and sweaters and when i wash small pieces of quilt fabric i have a drying rack i put outside to let them dry. of course the wind comes by and sweeps these small pieces off the dry rack so i hav'ta go through the yard picking up pieces of fabric. i imagine one of these days i will need to fend off the birds from taking my fabric for their nests. we have red tail hawks who took up residence in the neighborhood last year.