Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
spartan quilter

Here are my blocks for week 5. I see that many have named their quilts, such as Trip Around the World, Lemon Jane, or doing a color themed one. So, I have finally decided what to do with mine to make it different. I am doing all the hand quilting in glitter thread. So, it is a glitzy, glam Jane. I am sashing it in the background white, with some black material from my stash that had beads of gold going through it. Will post pics when I get that far. Enjoy, and must say again, THANKS to everyone for all the helpful hints posted and the great blocks. I am loving this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311252[/ATTACH]
I noticed on this first triangle, that it is a mirrow image to the one in the book, but so what. Who will know? It looks good to me. I will be more careful with the next ones. lol I haven't done the glitz quilting on this one yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311251[/ATTACH]
I really struggled with the block above, but got it done, and figure that since it is mine, I will live with my mistakes.
The one below was also a struggle, but I mastered it, and moved on. I just can't make more than one, or I will never get done. Kudos to those who are making more than 1 Dear Jane

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311249[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2012-feb-12-week-5-dear-jane-001.jpg   2012-feb-12-week-5-dear-jane-002.jpg   2012-feb-12-week-5-dear-jane-003.jpg