Thread: Mini Mystery
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 06:33 AM
omak

So .... here it is .... I was pleasantly surprised, and after I took the picture ... :roll: I found that I had done a typical Omak trick :oops:
Thank you CB for doing this mini mystery. I am not a fun date and didn't stick in there for every moment, but I was thinking of you <g> ...
Things I learned from the mini mystery ....
1" is too small for what I do if it is little bitty squares <g>
When someone tells you "light" ... big red and white spaces do NOT red light in one inch increments :shock:
When someone tells you medium ... think REALLY dark ... although <g> with the red and white, I don't think they make a fabric dark enough for the contrast the mystery was calling for.
Variety may not always be the spice of life - - at least not in one inch increments <g> .... I think that the little quilt could have handled a light that looks more like confetti falling through the air ... had I kept just one dark color at each of the six dark spots.
And! If at first you don't succeed, by all means, try again!
For now, this is the seed for one of the incubator covers imjustme is looking for, and with all those seams, it will be plenty light filtering <g>.
Without further ado ....

this is what I got done at the Sewin at LQS ... there was a lady there who did most of my ironing ... agree with CB ... rather than ironing horizontal on ironing board - - iron perpendicular
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45661[/ATTACH]

And, then I found the trick that I am NOT going to fix .... will be easier to make another mini quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45661.jpe   attachment-45666.jpe