View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
vbourck

Default Orca Bay with Bonnie

OK, I promised these pictures a while ago, sorry for not getting them up sooner. I had a great time at a workshop for Blue Ridge Beauty with Bonnie in PA and was very excited to be able to show her my Orca Bay top in person. Didn't realize the window would shine through, but it is still a good picture.
I am still trying to decide about additional border(s)- either red or gold. Or may just say it is done and get on to quilting it!
It is amazing how dofferent and wonderful this pattern is in each different color scheme. I really like them better the more I see them. It is a busier quilt than I would normally choose, which is why I didn't do the red strings-besides I just don't really like string blocks. And Bonnie was great about the changes- so gracious and encouraging.
The last picture is what I got done at the workshop- all from stash. It is a really fun and easy pattern.

Vicki
Attached Thumbnails gold-border.jpg   small-red-border.jpg   orca-bay-bonnie-2-2012.jpg   blue-ridge-beauty-beginning.jpg