View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Good Morning Girls ,

Thank you so much for enjoying my little project and commenting. I feel very lucky to have this board to boost my moral. You gals are the best!

The pattern I used originaly was from the Vannilla House, called "Keep your Cool". http://www.sewbaby.com/shopbaby/prod...oducts_id=4110 But when I went digging for it again to make this one, I also noticed that I had an old McCall pattern with a double ended pot holder in the mix of kitchen accessories. I opened the pattern and compaired them. The exact potholders. But the mcCall had placemats, two potholders, a toaster cover and napkins.

The orphan sailboat blocks were made with an ink stamp I bought when I first started going to quilt shows. They were wider then the pattern by almost three inches, but my daughter in law wanted them like that so she could hold more things in her walker pad. tee hee...
She is a nurse and the wear on her hip lifting patients has caused all this trouble.

Any way girls have a great day ... I am going to quilt a baby quilt today. Happy sewing!