View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:32 PM
JMCDA

Default My new Morse/Toyota/Visi-o-matic pics

Hi All

I have been bursting all day, trying to find the time to upload and edit the pics of my new baby! This machine has been listed and re-listed on Kijiji for the last month at least - I kept looking at it, it kept coming down in price....so yesterday I finally called and we went to look at it.

Hubby lifted her up out of the cabinet and went huh!! ...she is stamped Toyota in 3 different places underneath even though her plate says "Arrow Automatic" and her manual calls her a Visi-o-matic. The cabinet has been abused but the machine has not, she is almost pristine and she came with all her accessories - cams, feet, bobbins, etc. All that was missing out of the kit are the screwdrivers, oil can and something called an embroidery spring. She needs a new belt and a new bulb for the dashboard light - yup, her dashboard lights up!!!
I am anticipating that she will sew like a dream from what I have read about these machines.

Here she is - no name yet, the lady we bought her from ($40.00) was Berta - but I don't think she is a Berta but I might call her "Birdie" because of the bird logo on the dial - hubby and I are avid birders so that would be appropriate LOL

#1 The crochet mat to the far right was a bonus - a really cute hotpad with little crochet flowers that was used as a pin holder/needlebook
#2 The instruction "manuel" is written in 'Engrish" quote: "make automatic sewing by each of the sew-discs"
#3 That illustration pretty well dates the machine - everything was "o-matic" in the 50's and 60's
#4 pattern chart for the sew discs - nothing too exciting, all a variation of zig zag
#5 all the feet - is the one in the middle a "hopping foot"? -called a button sewing foot in the manuel :-)
#6 - little door where the cams go, and the built in pin cushion!

can't wait to get the new belt and get her going!

Cheers!
Joann
Attached Thumbnails toy-8.jpg   toy-2.jpg   toy-3.jpg   toy-4.jpg   toy-5.jpg  

toy-7.jpg