View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 AM
sewbeadit

Elaine433, thank you for this explanation I couldn't figure out how you were supposed to layer it with sticky stuff and not get a great big mess. This helped me a lot.

Originally Posted by Elaine433 View Post
I use 505 and love it. My husband helps me when I need to sandwich a quilt. We lay out the backing on the wood floor and use masking tape to hold it in place. Next we lay the batting and then the quilt top. We fold back the top 2 layers to the half mark and spray the batting only. Smooth the batting over the back and spray the top side of the batting. Smooth the quilt top over the batting and repeat for the other half of the quilt. After all is in place, we remove the masking tape and flip over to make sure the backing is smooth.
The best thing about the spray is it can be repositioned if you need to. It will not gum up the needle as long as you do
no spray too heavily. Learned this from experience. I buy it online when I am buying other things and find discounts. I pay approx. 12.00 a can. I can will do about 3-4 throw size quilts.