View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:43 AM
StarofMoonDancer

Default So sorry.

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
I was in the hospital for 8 days in the beginning of November for a severe infection and high temperature. Before I was able to go home, my younger brother, Carson, was hospitalized and had two major surgeries. He was slowly improving so once I was home, I decided to make him a large lap quilt for him to use during recovery. Sadly, I did not finish the quilt before he took a turn for the worse and passed away on November 30th. I just couldn't work in it anymore. After thinking about it, I decided to finish the quilt for my sister, Dianne, my only remaining sibling out of 8 children. 15 years ago, Dianne, who is now in her mid 60's, was given custody of her two grandsons who were under 3 years old. The youngest one, Darien, is autistic and it has been a rough road for her. Darien was devoted to my brother and took his passing very hard, so Dianne wanted to share it with Darien. On the label I told Darien that each time he wrapped up in the quilt it would be a great big hug from Uncle Carson, Nana and Aunt Donna. This is what I have done with the quilt. Thanks for listening and looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311127[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311128[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311129[/ATTACH]
The color is a little off in this one.
I am so sorry on the death of your brother. I know the love that has gone into this beautiful quilt.
Your brother would be so happy for the sharing. Happy that you passed it on to Darien with all
the love to go with it.