View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 AM
callen

I don't know what happened to the 1st pic I posted, it showed up in the preview but I don't see it here. Regardless, this pic is good. Isn't she gorgeous????? As Charlee so generously advised me, I used sewing machine oil, wiped & repeated the process. I lightly sanded the case as it was in dire need of some TLC. It has a couple of chips missing from the wood but now looks great. I have wanted a vintage machine since "forever" so this is my first. My 1st choice is a "red eye" but that will be next to impossible because of where I live. This one is good alternative. When I saw it in person, I thought it was a La Vencedora but I wasn't sure. I live 500 miles north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada so we are pretty far removed from a lot of the resources that larger more urban centres have but we don't live in the sticks because we also don't have a lot of the problems that larger centres have, either. The chances of me finding a "red eye" is slim at best. I love this one, just the same. Thank you Charlee for your advice. You are a valuable resource for us.