Old 02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Tartan
Power Poster

Here are a few of my instant (30 min) meals. Take some weiners out of the freezer and slice into little circles. Pop them in a little water to boil. Once they are plump, drain the water off and add 1 or 2 cans of Heinz beans and tomato sauce and heat through. We call it beanies and wienies.
If you have a lump of frozen hamburger in the freezer, you can have either spaghetti sauce or chili in about half an hour. I put the lump of hamburger in a little water in a saucepan. Turn on the burner and scrap the meat off (with a fork) the lump as it browns flipping it from one side to the other. Once you have the lump all cooked proceed with either recipe.
For spaghetti sauce: I add 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery, 1/2 a cooking onion diced, 1 clove garlic diced and when the vegggies are cooked one jar of spaghetti sauce. Serve over your favourite pasta.
For Chili: Add 1 cooking onion diced, I can of red kidney beans drained, 1 can of Heinz beans in tomato sauce and 3 tsp. of chili powder.(more if you like it hot) Cook through and serve with biscuits or boiled whole baby potatoes.
Now this isn't high cuisine but they are my "hurry up mom we're hungry" recipes.