View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 AM
J Miller

Default Semi new here, just wanted to say Hello.

I was referred to the Quilting Board by a member of another sewing forum. I was looking for info on my HOTHER machine and although I haven't found it yet I've found other like minded folks to talk to.
We ( my wife and I ) have four treadle machines, three Singers and a Franklin, and one cabinet Singer as well as over 20 "portables". I love to refurbish these old machines back to health and then use them. So far I've been doing more refurbishing than using, but after I get each one back up and running I try to make a cover for it. Especially the treadles and those in wooden cases. Since we have cats the treadles and cabinet models are great perches and nap spots. So covers are mandatory.

My wife and I are also working on small lap quilts for gifts mostly. And she made a circle jeans quilt last year. Over a 100 hours I think and she use her Bernina 930 for all of it. That is one heck of a machine, it never slowed down or cried uncle.

So I'm learning to sew. There's a lot of difference between making a machine run and sew on scraps and actually sewing something. I got a lot to learn.

Joe