View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Scrapmouse

Default A few of my quilts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311619[/ATTACH]

This was the first quilt I ever made and not being someone who is frightened of a challenge, I made it in flannel. It is for my eldest son and he loves it very much........thank goodness!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311622[/ATTACH]

This was the quilt I made which really inspired me to become a "quilter". I stitched it while my husband was undergoing treatment for cancer. Sadly he died shortly after I finished it so it has a special place in my heart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311623[/ATTACH]

We organised a donation of quilts to the hospital ward where the chemotherapy takes place as many of the patients become very cold. This was a simply log cabin that I made.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311626[/ATTACH]

This is a Christmas Tree Skirt which is folded in half for display at an exhibition. I love it very much as it took ages with all the hand-beading.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311628[/ATTACH]

Finally this is the art quilt which I made as part of my Stitched Textiles course. You can also see a pillow which I made . I am not sure that this style of quilting is "me" but it fulfilled the design requirements of the course so it served its purpose.

Thank you for looking at my quilts. I hope that I have not been too boastful about my work. I just wanted to share some of my creations with you so that you can get to know me better!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0683.jpg   dscn0685.jpg   dscn0694.jpg   dscn0696.jpg   dscn0450.jpg