Old 02-14-2012, 06:14 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by MamaO2011 View Post
Binding hates me. I hate binding. I have several quilts ready for binding and I've been putting it off because I'm new at this, and quite frankly, it scares me a little. This afternoon I got up enough courage and got the binding on a small quilt for my youngest daughter. I did this one all by machine. It wasn't horrible but I'm glad it's for a 4 year old who is going to drag it around all day.

I have another lap sized quilt for my mother-in-law. I decided I would try hand stitching the back for this one, to see what method I liked more. I got it all sewn to the front, everything was nice and straight and I was starting to think I didn't really hate binding. And then I realized......I sewed the finished edge of the binding and the raw edge of the quilt together. I'm an idiot.

Is my only option a date with the seam ripper? I am sure I will never finish this quilt now. I am soooo frustrated with the binding and what a stupid mistake I made!!!!!
If we lived a little closer, I'd be over in your sewing room doing your binding and drinking your coffee. I find binding strangely relaxing.