Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Charlee
I don't worry too much about backtack or reverse...I just make the first stitches really small, and then lengthen them to the longer stitch...
Wow, what a simple idea. I think I'll try it. Now we get to see if Joe can treadle with his feet, guide the material with his left hand and adjust the stitch length with his right hand .... all at the same time simultaneously. That might be fun to watch. LOL

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Joe, then trade one of your 66 treadles for a 15-88 treadle! I use my 15-88 all the time because it has a beautiful stitch, drops its feed dogs, and it has reverse! So cool to treadle a machine with a back tack and FM! I also treadle my 319w, which not only has reverse, but it has lots and lots of decorative stitches!

Nancy
When I dug out mom's old HOTHER and wanted to sew with it I didn't have a case for it. The original had fallen apart. The motor had also died and I didn't have another one either.
So I put it in my 66 Treadle #1 and went to sewing. Didn't even change hand wheels. I have lots of machines that can run on a treadle base, but I have a personality quirk. If a machine comes in case or a treadle, that machine will stay there. So to use one of the other machines I'll need to find a treadle with no head.
As for the putting the 319 in a treadle I suggested it to my wife and her response was: "NO!". Accompanied with a glare usually reserved for her boss. ( I think we'll table that idea.)

Joe