Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
pinkberrykay

Default NO 66 Redeye Treadle and 127 machines for me. eBay prices clouded her mind.

I messaged with the seller today, she said that she had looked on ebay and found a treadle for $900. However, the treadle is no longer listed...wonder why After seeing the higher prices she wanted to know if it was ok to increase the price on the treadle she has posted on this FB group. I told it it was ok to decrease but not a good idea to increase. I offered her $75 for both machines with DH and I driving the 3 hours to pick it up, gas would be about $60 bucks round trip. She had mentioned her DH was on oxygen so I was offering to drive down to pick it up even though she said she would be in our area in a few weeks. I know I low balled her, but our area just does not have the demand for them. She has had these 2 machines posted for a few days and no one else has expressed any interest. I assured her that DH and I would ref rub them and bring them back to working order and that they would be used and loved. She stated she would pass on my offer and hopefully sell it to someone looking for a sewing machine to actually use for mending and such. In her defense I did not mention to her that I was a quilter.

I know there will be more along the way, so I am chalking this up to a lesson learned and move on. Who knows maybe she will contact me in a few weeks and take me up on my offer if they don't sell.