Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Janis

Default HELP!!! Can I use a Kenmore decorative stitch attachment on a Featherweight?

I went to a thrift store and found some Kenmore attachments and thought they'd work on my low shank machines. I bought them and then discovered that they all attach on the bottom of the presserfoot bar, rather than being the low shank ones.
I have a Kenmore decorative stitch attachment with 6 templates for different designs. The presser foot shaft sits on a little post and then there's a screw on the side that is to tighten the zigzag attachment onto the post. There are no holes for the screw to go in, it just goes on tight on the post. Has anyone tried this on a Featherweight? Will it work? Or is there a chance it would mess up my machine?
I also got a Kenmore instruction book for the KENMORE "58" machine and all of the attachments listed in the book. There is also burgandy Kenmore button holer that attaches the same way as the zig zag attachment. Will the button home cams also work with the Singer button holers?
I also got a black metal box of attachments that has a certificate in it from the National Sewing Machine Company and has a serial number of a machine on it and is dated FEb. 16, 1922. The attachmentsgo on the same way the Kenmore do, so I'm thinking that they might havemade he Kenmore, or at least the same company made them. There were no machines with these attachments, and they were all together. Any ideas about them? I'd appreciate any information anyone wants to give me on these. I'd like to keep the dec. stitch attachment if it woud work on my machines, but would be willing to trade or sell the other things. sorry, I can't post pictures.
Thanks, Janis