View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
jrrotunno

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311870[/ATTACH]
The machine does fold down into the base. When it is up, the piece that covers the top attaches to the left of the table to extend the surface, pretty cool! I love this cabinet, so simple and functional.

My research has shown that the Pfaff 31 was modeled after the Singer 15 and that is why they appear so similar. Same body style, different engineering, bobbins, etc. I really hope I can learn more, but it appears that Pfaff treadles are not common in the US as most of you already know. I am such a newbie at this!

I think this machine is marvelous and I have relaxed a little bit about what I thought were gouges on her top. I think that what really they are is probably a result of having a piece of cloth wrapped around her and using it as a pin cushion, thus wearing the paint down to the bare metal. I have often thought that practice could damage a machine when I have seen pictures, and I think that is what likely happened here. Which really is just more evidence of being used and loved, a good thing. I do not think there is anything that won't clean up. I can't wait to spend a little more time with the treadle mechanism, get a new belt and get her running. I don't think she will take much work.
Attached Thumbnails img_0509.jpg