Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Canada Kate

Default Craft/Sewing Room Update #8: Carpet and Cupbards

#8 in the building of my sewing room - posts 1-7 are linked below.

Update # 7: http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...m-t178679.html
Update #6: Craft/Sewing Room - Update #6 - A Baby and Paint
Update # 5:
Craft/Sewing Room Update #5: Drywall
Update # 4: Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light
Update #3: Craft/Sewing Room: Update # 3: Framing
Update # 2:
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 2
First Post: Craft/Sewing Room - The Before Pictures

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311947[/ATTACH]
Above you can see that the carpet was installed, as well as the closet and corner shelf doors. I wasn't expecting that he would put a door on the corner cabinets - I had thought it was going to be open shelving. One less thing to keep neat! He started on the cabinets today. All the pot lights are now installed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311948[/ATTACH]
The cabinets will have a space in between them for a chair. There will be a countertop that spans the entire length of the cupboards. There is going to be under-cabinet lighting as well. I'm going to put my sewing table under the window. Check out the sewing room inspector in the foreground.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311949[/ATTACH]
I'm going to ask him to reverse the location of the bottom cabinets, so that I have the drawer cabinet closest to the chair opening. You can see that the upper cabinet has not yet been hung. I can only have one upper here as the bulkhead for the duct work is in the way. He's going to put open shelves there instead of a second upper cabinet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311950[/ATTACH]
On this side, you can see that the lower drawers are right next to the chair opening, which is where I want them on both sides.

I haven't been doing any quilting for over a week. I have two tops ready to pin baste and I'm waiting until I have room to set up my tables so that I can clamp the backing, batting and top to it and pin. Right now I don't have room to set up the tables. I don't really want to start anything new as I would really have to dig to get at my stash for my next project. So now we wait. I'm hoping that maybe this weekend I can start putting things away in the cupboards.
Attached Thumbnails p2140001.jpg   p2140002.jpg   p2140003_1.jpg   p2140004_1.jpg