Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
I just got a Free Westinghouse sewing machine Type E. Seriel number LB271394. I can not find any info on it. Can anyone help? Kathie
Kathie, the Free Westinghouse was made by the Free Sewing Machine Company. In the mid 1920's Free Sewing Machine Company became associated with Westinghouse, which was their supplier of motors and electric equipment for the Free brand sewing machines. So the early electrically driven Free Sewing Machines were labeled Free Westinghouse. In 1927 Free SMC merged with New Home. Then in the early 1950's Free/New Home merged with National until 1954 when they were bought out by the Japanese. This tells me your machine would be somewhere between 1920 and 1927? I could be wrong, but I don't remember machines being called "Free" once Free and New Home merged, but I could be wrong on that one!

I tried to post a photo of Kathie's new machine, but I can't get it to go through right now. I will try later. Her Free Westinghouse really reminds me of a New Home Light Running machine. I wonder if she could contact New Home to get a date on the machine? That would be cool, to see if she could date it to see if my theory on the years is correct or not!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-14-2012 at 06:42 PM.