Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Janis

Charlee, I do have one of those Singer zigzag attachments that has the red cams. I haven't tried it yet. Will the other color cams also work with the red zigzag?
Maybe I should keep these different attachments just in case a Kenmore or White machine come my way. The Kenmore zigzag attachment is just so cute, and with the 5 different patterns it will make, it's something I haven't seen before. And I looked on e-bay to see if I could find anything that looks like it, and didn't find any. What is it that you call that type of attachments that hook on from the front? I know there has to be a name for them. I got some of the type of attachments a while back with some others that I can use with my Singers.
One thing I did luck out was also at that store they had a Singer in a cabinet that they wanted $150.00 for. I of course looked at the book with it, and it was a Singer 99K instruction book. I told them that I thought the machine was a 66 and not a 99 because it looked larger than the 99 and also it had the reverse on it. I came back to my daughter's home and looked up the serial number and confirmed that it was a 1939 Singer 66. I called them back, as I promised, and asked if they would sell me the book. I also told them where I looked and where they could download an instruction book for it. I also told them that they should tell the buyer of the machine that the bobbins from Sew-Classic would work and not to get ones from Walmart and Joann's for it. The woman I talked to said that I could have the book for $2.00. My husband went and got it and also took a lost of the websites that I told the woman about. I was thrilled to get the book for that cheap. My 99K is from 1928, and the book is newer, 1939, but a real book anyway! I felt very lucky!