Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 PM
grammy Dwynn

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
After reading through some posts on the board, I decided to try ripping my long border strips. Ripped down the long selvedge edge and I really liked the results...except that so far, two out of six have a slight but distinct curve at each end. Ever had this happen? Is it something I did during the ripping process? I'd sure appreciate some input on this. I was really excited about doing it this way cause it sure seems like I can't cut through more than one fold without getting the dreaded "V." Thanks!
First ~ 2 out of 6 sides????~ could you mean 2 of 4 side, that have slight but distinct curve at each end.
Second ~ I'm a visual person ~ can you share a picture of your concern? I am having trouble trying to figure out your 'curve' problem. Usually on boarders it 'waves', which we can get when we don't measure, measure, measure, multiple times (never the edge), and average those measurements, then cut the boarder piece that average length measurement. Next, pin many times to make sure that the boarder 'fits'. Finally sew on the boarder.
Third ~ ripping . . hmm ~ I have mixed feelings, but understand your apprehensiveness of trying to cut a long boarder pieces. How wide is your boarder? Also 'some' fabric do not tear 'nicely'

Sorry to ask more questions, but like I said earlier, visuals help.

Last edited by grammy Dwynn; 02-15-2012 at 08:11 PM.