View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 AM
annthreecats

I work full time and I don't have any trouble meeting my 15 minute a day goal on the weekend (I usually sew for hours on the weekend) but during the work week it can be a problem. Sometimes I wimp out with the excuse that I'm tired and I won't be able to concentrate as well, but when I started my first lap quilt 3 weeks ago I told myself that I had to get at least an hour of sewing in every night during the week to get this done. So I would get into my sewing room about 7:00 p.m. and I usually ended up staying until 9:00 p.m. every night and I felt good about it and the sewing that was done was good, not a lot of mistakes and ripping. Last night I didn't start sewing until 8:00 p.m. and I stayed until 10:20 p.m. I was really proud of myself for sticking it out last night and not wimping out with the "I'm so tired excuse." I'm almost finished with my quilt. Tonight I sew the binding onto the front of the quilt and tomorrow I put the label on and I'm calling it done. Then I can move on to other crafty projects I have swimming around in my head.