View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 AM
stchenfool

Smile

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I really like the digital subscriptions. The are cheaper and I have access to past issues. Here is the fun part I learned today. I have a Kindle Fire and Amazon has the free program to send pdf files to the Kindle. I clicked on the pages of the quilt patterns I wanted to keep, selected print and then send to Kindle. I now have the patterns in beautiful color on my Kindle to use in my sewing room or anywhere I go. This is so great! I scanned pages from one of my quilt books in pdf and sent the file to my Kindle. I scanned pages from older magazines I had. No more carrying heavy books or tearing out magazine pages. The Kindle takes up hardly any space at all on my sewing table or next to my sewing machine and the pages don't have to be held open. I can make the type big enough to see across the room if I need to. I love my Kindle for quilting.
WOW! I've just been asking questions about Kindle Fire, now it looks as though it would be a great addition to my quilting/sewing/reading room! Thanks so much for sharing!