Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Spent some time today changing the belt on my Singer 328k in treadle. I exchanged the leather belt with a rubber aquarium hose. I also smoothed down the ruff edges where the belt hits machine by rounding out those edges with a metal file. Why I didn't think of that before, I have no idea. I recently removed the machine from the straight-leg treadle into the standard treadle (what I call standard) when I purchased the Necchi Supernova. This setup for the 328k is so so much easier to treadle, like night and day. After taping the two ends of the hosing together with packing tape (to hold them together), I sewed them together with dental floss like I would for a leather belt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]312334[/ATTACH]
Monica, why do you feel the regular treadle is easier than the straight leg? Why do you feel your 328 is easier to treadle now? Because of the belt or the treadle it self? I am curious as I have both types of treadles and I think the straight leg is way faster and smoother to treadle? Or maybe, it is just that the 15-88 that I have in the straight leg is just a faster machine?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-16-2012 at 06:16 AM.