Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, why do you feel the regular treadle is easier than the straight leg? Why do you feel your 328 is easier to treadle now? Because of the belt or the treadle it self? I am curious as I have both types of treadles and I think the straight leg is way faster and smoother to treadle? Or maybe, it is just that the 15-88 that I have in the straight leg is just a faster machine?

Nancy
I don't know! I was surprised after making the switch. I'm tempted to switch the Necchi into the standard treadle just to see how that treadles and then back again. Just too much work for that right now.

Is your straight-leg like Cathy's? Cathy's looks better made and more solid since it has the wooden legs. Mine is the metal legs that are very tinny. I understand that there are three different makes on the straight-legs. Mine most likely was the cheapest for them to manufacture at that time.

The Necchi treadles so much better than the Singer did in the straight-leg. I don't know, don't get it. It could be machine design.

Last edited by vintagemotif; 02-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.