Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM
ivey_family

Hi Everyone!

I posted a couple weeks ago about refurbishing a Singer 15-91. Well, I have finished all that and have re-done the wiring. She is shiny and the motor runs nicely, but I've got a mechanical issue and some stitching issues that I'm hoping you can help with.

The mechanical problem is that when I disengage the motor to wind a bobbin, the needle bar still runs most of the time, especially at full speed. Is that an issue with the washer behind the middle part of the wheel or something else?

As far as stitching, I *think* I've got two problems going on at once. First is that I suspect my bobbin case is worn out. When I insert it, it immediately flops over instead of the arm staying right at the notch. Am I correct in thinking that once the case is clicked into place, it should stay put rather than rotate??

My second problem is thread nests which I know is usually an upper tension issue. When I watch the shuttle during stitching, I can see the upper thread get caught on the bobbin case and wad up. I hope that once I get the loose bobbin case figured out, the thread nests will resolve or only require some tension adjusting. Does that sound plausible?

Thank you!
Carrie Ivey