Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
OMG Krystyna~ Is "employee" working with you at the house on a regular basis or does she pick up and take it home to work on? HMMMMM......you may have to continue employee search.....aside from being a pain in the butt to work with, you don't need someone stealing your ideas, etc.....
She is taking them home with her. Otherwise, she would not live to see the end of the day. As for stealing my ideas, she's not smart enough. I know that sounds mean, but truly she is not. We will see what she brings me back tomorrow and depending on the results that might be the end of it.

The product I gave her does not require the mind of a rocket scientist. Essentially, it is a triangle of lace. Trim is attached with a narrow zig zag stitch close enough so there is no raw lace fabric edge hanging on the back. I also had to explain to her several times to be sure to sew on the "good" side - which has over embroidery on it that you can feel with your finger as a raised pattern. Once the three sides are sewn on, I showed her how to mitre the corners. Fold right sides together, visualize a straight line running from the folded line to the needle. Sew a straight line making sure that the scalloped edges of the trim match up. Snip excess leaving a scant 1/4". Then herring bone over the seam. Easy.

It took her close to two hours to do one. I turn out at LEAST five an hour and that's with breaks to post here.

She was also asking me about what else we made. I just said, "Lots of things, but let's just concentrate on this for now."

My head is going to explode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312554[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails exploding-head-3.jpg