View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM
irishphoenix

Originally Posted by kateyb View Post
Pretty quilt. I think you quilting is very good. It just takes practice to get as good as you want, so keep trying.
Thanks kateyb..I think you are right- it is all about practice. I did so many mistakes on this quilt, nearly threw it in the drawer a few times, but persevered. I honestly have to say I learned a lot doing this, and think that I learned more from doing stuff wrong or making a mistake, than doing things the right way. Does that sound weird??
Oh the pale batik- I ironed it wrong, yep, forgot to press down and ironed the seam back and forth(wont do that again I hope) and it stretched out of shape expecially on two of the end triangles, so then I thought if I unpicked them and resewed them this would correct the problem but it just threw the other pieces out of balance so had to sew them up again..!! Luckily the FMQ quilting pattern really helped firm them up but still..!
Thanks to everyone with your wonderful words of encouragement..its really so good of you. I am all the time discovering things abut quilting I love and I have even started to really enjoy appliqùe. Best of all is all the new friends I have made on here
Lois x