Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
huntannette

Always in AWE of your quilting!!! What a lovey lovely quilt!!!!
Originally Posted by charismah View Post
Well Jackie sent me this lovely quilt for LAQ.

I have to say her piecing was beautiful. The choice of fabrics is very traditional and beautiful. I love the yummy rich florals.....I know that most of my own personal quilts that I post are funa nd funky colors and fabrics...but I do have a heart for traditional florals..I have a ton in my stash for the "someday " projects. LOL

This is a beautiful quilt. She asked for some feathers, so I put feathers in the borders, leaves in the sashing and Charisma Curls in the cream background color. I put a swirling ribbon in each dresden blade.....you can see the quilting easier on the back of the quilt. I used a cornflower blue thread in all the dark areas and an cream color in the cream area. She chose a beautiful backing fabric that shows the quilting really well. We used hobbs polyudown batting. The pictures will show the threads and that is because she is going to bury those when it arrives back home.
Thank you so much Jackie for letting me be a part of your special quilt! I know how much work you put ito it and it shows!
Thanks for looking!
Blessings.
Charisma