View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Hello, JenLucas. I can say I saw the SE 270D at Wal-Mart for $350. The price was running about $424 on those. You can purchase the same machine on eBay cheaper, but I got mine at WM in case it needed returning. And BOY has it had its share of problems. The machine has broken my heart! I had to send it back bc the automatic needle threader broke on it. You cannot use it without it.
I love the machine and what it does, but mine has had problems and Brother has a poor customer service department. I got mine back with less bobbins than I sent in, the accessory bag was all ripped up, the seam ripper was broken. They only said that's why they tell ppl not to send the accessories back when getting them fixed. Nobody bothered to tell me that, though. So, I'm SOL on that, basically what they told me.
It will only take certain bobbins that I haven't found in any store. I got some from eBay for pretty cheap, though.
THe machine is computerized and sews like any other machine will. When you want to embroider, just put the embroidery unit on to switch it over.

Why don't you look at some of my other posts? I've posted quite a few on this machine. It's said I have a love/hate relationship with it. I think I'm really mostly upset with Brother's service.

My kids have unique names, too, so I was happy to be able to put their names on things. (Jewelienne and Jaydrien are their names)