Old 02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
missbelle

FW singers are straight stitch low shank small needle hole machines from all I find out. If an attachment has its own zig-zag capabilities and does not require a machine that needs cams etc to perform the function of the attachment and you have a foot shank that you can attach the attachment to I would think it will work. If I am correct Singer started making slant need machines about the 2 or 3 hundred series and attachments for slant needle Singers (the needles fits in the needle shank at a slight angle) do not work on straight stitch machines. There are generic foot shanks that screw on the shank (be sure low shank generic) after removing the shank that attaches the stationery foot that can be attached with screw and the feet that slip in a slot at the bottom of the generic shank used. I do not believe you can make a long shank machine use short shank accessories nor a short shank machine use long shank accessories. The zig-zag attachments that are not made with the zz capability on their own will not work on a straight stitch machine. Hope this is helpful. Missbelle