View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 AM
royllsister

This is a very interesting thread and so is the differences between the WM stores, even within the same area. I live in Houston Tx and have 5 WM stores within 9 miles of my house. Two of them are equal distance from me. One of those two has brought back yardage fabric, a small cutting table and the fabrics are nicer that what they had before (they took it all away). The quilting cottons range from $4.54 to $7.49 per yard with the most of the stock priced at $5.49 per yd.. The second store (equal distance from me) they have no hint of fabric in that store...none. The third store, no yardage, just a small sampling of the pre-cuts. The fourth store (located in another small city but equally in the suburbs- 9 miles from me) has a large fabric dept. and they never completely got rid of all theirs.... the fifth store (about 8 miles away) but on a major freeway, has a HUGE fabric department, ribbons, trims, beaded trims galore, interfacing, etc. and sewing notions... a large sampling and DD and I happened in there as we were passing through the area and were totally wowed by their extensive amount of stock for sewists and quilters. We even made a mental note together that we would travel to that store on purpose due to their supply. I don't understand why the vast differences in the WM stores (even within a given area).... but I am not a retail marketer.