View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Kath12

Originally Posted by Drue View Post
I am trying one of her quilt patterns..."Home Tweet Home".... There are so many tiny pieces to fuse together. I do not do needle turn applique', I do machine applique'...at this point I am having second thoughts about this. "WHAT WAS I THINKING?"
I have not given up, I am just not ready to tackle this project yet and I have been doing machine applique' for a long time. I'm thinking that Ms. Ryan has a lot more time on her hands than I do. LOL,LOL
I don't think her patterns, for the most part, are for the beginners....however, IMO, Make one block and see how it goes for you. You might really love this project....never say never and never say I can't do that! You don't know unless you try it!
At this point, I have switched over to "Affairs of the Heart" quilt to applique'...
I love McKenna Ryan patterns! Her patterns don't call for needle turn applique It is mostly raw edge free motion applique. They are usually art quilts so they won't be washed alot. It is great learning tool for free motion quilting. I make quilt samples for my LQS and whenever she wants a McKenna Ryan done, she gives me a call. Have fun with them.