View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I don't want to bash WM but it is so much fun. It is wonderful that they have brought back the fabric dept. I just don't agree with any of their business practices and how they treat people so IMHO I will not give them my money. I make scrap quilts and save my money up to pay more at an independent LQS when I want to make a special quilt. Call me stupid but cheap isn't always better for me, morally and ethically.
peace
I sooooo agree - I boycotted lettuce more than 40 years ago, and I boycott WalMart now - having seen what has happened to the small towns after WalMart came in, put all the local mom&pops out of business, then raised their prices - also, my daughter worked for them for a while, but when she was told one too many times that she was to clock out so she wouldn't have enough hours to qualify for benefits, then go back to work for nothing ... sorry, too many bad practices, too much basic greed on the part of the owners/management - if it's between going to WalMart or doing without, I'll do without, thank you. My conscience wouldn't let me even darken their door.