Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM
pinkberrykay

Thumbs up Meet Ms Hadley~Free Westinghouse in Cabinet

While I was browsing CL I came across an ad in Sturgeon Bay, WI (Im in MI). It was for an antiques store going out of business, they had sewing machines listed as a few of the items in the store. Well it so happened that DH was traveling to SB, WI for work this week. I emailed the owner and he just wanted DH to call when he was ready to visit the store so his wife could be there. He found 2 sewing machines for sale, one Kenmore and a Free Westinghouse both in cabinets. He text messaged me pictures of both machines, the Kenmore machine and cabinet were pretty rough and DH didn't like the way it looked. He did like the Free Westinghouse machine and the cabinet is in beautiful condition. It comes with a bunch of boxes and a whole bunch of things in it (as DH puts it) original manual and some other paper work. Oh, and it has a knee lever and not a foot pedal. DH comes home tomorrow with Ms. Hadley and I can't wait to meet her. I have to say I am very proud of my DH, this whole vintage/antique sewing machine thing is new to us and he made sure to turn on the machines to see if they ran and also lifted them up to see how clean/dirty they were.So here she is...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]312934[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-63.jpg