Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, You will appreciate this article that Leah Day wrote on needles and threads- and the dreaded metallic.
http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...t-needles.html
Monica, I did read the article and I have found that the Universal works best on all my "vintage" machines, I like the Sharp on the new machines, and I did put a metallic needle in when using the metallic thread! I still screamed at the machine, cleaned the birds nest in the bobbin casing after cutting my little wall hanging lose every 1/2 inch or so, re-threaded everything, and screamed some more! Why are we such gluttens? I just kept at it for at least an hour or longer, cutting the knot so I good get my work off the machine, re-doing everything, crossing everything on my body that crosses, and getting more and more frustrated! I finally just gave up! I think my 401a just does not like metallic thread.

Candace how do you get the metallic to come off the spool horizontally? I have several of those thread guides that sit behind the machine, but nothing that would cause the thread to come off horizontally? Kathie, I may try again and try the topstitch needle, but right now I don't even want to go there!

Nancy